For Immediate Release - November 16, 2010
New Intel Whitepaper - "10GBASE-T for Broad 10Gigabit Adoption in the Data Center" - Added to Siemon Data Center E-Book
Watertown, Connecticut — Siemon, a global leader in network infrastructure, announces the inclusion of a new Intel whitepaper in the latest revision of its popular data center E-Book. Entitled "10GBASE-T for Broad 10Gigabit Adoption in the Data Center", the new whitepaper was written by Intel's Carl G. Hansen with contributions from noted Siemon data center expert, Carrie Higbie. Covering key 10 Gigabit Ethernet drivers, current need and future adoption expectations, Intel's whitepaper lays out 10Gb/s cabling media and architecture options including a comparitive look at backwards compatibility, power consumption, latency and cost.
The new Intel content is incorporated into Siemon's comprehensive and educational 71 page data center E-Book, titled "Deploying, Managing and Securing an Efficient Physical Infrastructure". Developed in light of recent advances in data center hosting options and high-speed infrastructure, the E-Book provides an in-depth overview designed to guide IT network professionals through critical data center decisions. Infrastructure-related topics include actionable strategies, considerations and recommendations on cloud and co-location facilities, cooling best practices, point-to-point vs. structured cabling, physical layer intelligence and more.
Data Center E-Book Topics:
- Intel's "10GBASE-T for Broad 10Gigabit Adoption in the Data Center"
- Strategies and Considerations for Cloud and Co-location Data Centers Facility Owners and Hosting Providers
- Strategies and Considerations for Cloud and Co-location Data Center Tenants
- Point-to-Point Vs Structured Cabling
- Data Center Cooling Best Practices
- Intelligence at the Physical Layer
- Benefits of Screened and Shielded Cabling
To download Siemon's "Deploying, Managing and Securing an Efficient Physical Infrastructure" E-Book, visit http://www.siemon.com/go/DC_Ebook
- About Siemon
- Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance low voltage infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning over 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suite of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With over 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry.
- Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
- Press Contact:
- David Wall
- Global Integrated Marketing Manager
- 101 Siemon Company Drive
- Watertown, CT 06795
- Phone : (1) 860 945-4287
- Fax : (1) 860 945-8503