Siemon Cabling Systems and Product Warranties
|System||Media||Features and Benefits||System Warranty|
|Z-MAX 6A UTP||UTP||
|Z-MAX 6A F/UTP||F/UTP||
The Siemon Company delivers a full range of product and system warranty programs:
- A one (1) year repair or replace warranty on Tools, Testers and MapIT active componentry
- High Speed Interconnect Cable Assembly and Siemon Interconnect Solutions Product Warranty Download
- A five (5) year repair or replace warranty for all other Siemon Cabling Products when not installed in a certified Siemon Cabling System®
- A twenty (20) year premium Siemon Cabling System® (LightSystemSM, Solution 5e™, System 5e™, Premium 5e™, Solution 6™, System 6SM, Premium 6SM, 10G 6A™, Z-MAX®, TERA™, XGLO®) warranty covering products, performance and applications assurance for cabling systems designed and installed by Siemon Certified Installers in a registered cabling system using Siemon connecting hardware and qualified cable
Please contact your local Siemon Company sales office to obtain warranty details for conditions and limitations.
WARRANTY POLICY - CONNECTING HARDWARE PRODUCTS
THE SIEMON COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY PRODUCT SOLD UNDER THIS CONTRACT. However, The Siemon Company warrants such product to be free from defects in material and workmanship; should any quantity shipped hereunder fail to conform to the description of goods covered hereunder, The Siemon Company will, upon written notice from Buyer of such non-conformity within five (5) years after date of shipment, either replace it F.O.B. original point of delivery, or refund the purchase price, at The Siemon Company's option, and shall have the right to require Buyer to return the defective product to The Siemon Company's plant unless such return is impracticable. The remedies provided herein shall be Buyer's sole and exclusive remedies, and no statement or recommendation not contained herein shall have any force or effect unless in writing and signed by an authorized officer of The Siemon Company. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SIEMON COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER ASSERTED IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE.
This warranty applies only to those Cabling Products that are used to terminate or cross-connect telecommunications cabling. Warranty terms for other categories of Cabling Products (e.g., tools, test equipment, etc.) may vary.
Field Testing Guidelines
Balanced Twisted Pair Field Testing Requirements
for Siemon Cabling System® Warranty Programs
Warranties effected by this update include:
- Solution 5e, Premium 5e, Solution 6, System 6, Premium 6, Z-MAX Premium 6
- Z-MAX 6A F/UTP, Z-MAX 6A UTP
The warranties offered by The Siemon Company have been developed to provide high performance warranted solutions to ensure proper operation of next generation applications. In order to ensure that these applications operate properly over the installed structured cabling system, it is necessary to qualify cabling installations with devices capable of measuring all pertinent parameters and providing the most accurate measurements possible.
A list of compliant field testers and associated test adapters from approved manufacturers has been provided on the following pages to verify Siemon Cabling System® installations.
The Siemon Company requires the use of one of the "approved" UTP/ScTP field testers, adapters and software versions found on the following page for warranty registration on all installations.
If you have any questions pertaining to Siemon field-testing requirements or other related issues, please contact the Technical Support or Training Department at The Siemon Company in Watertown Connecticut at 1-800-365-2285 or your regional international sales office.
Field Tester Manufacturers
NOTE: Updates to field tester requirements older than one year are archived below for reference purposes.